Is resin suitable for car parks?
Many commercial properties and councils are being put under increasing pressure to lower ongoing overheads, many businesses don’t just no longer require a functional, practical car park but one that will be extremely cost effective. Car parks now have to be attractive, safe and low maintenance.
A resin car park can provide all of the above but its durable, permeable surface is also environmentally friendly. Resin is great for car parks and high footfall areas as it can provide extra colour to the area in ways the concrete and tarmac just can’t get close to.
So, what are the benefits of a resin car park?
- A resin surface will reduce ongoing maintenance costs in comparison to many other surfaces you could choose such as block paving.
- Resin surfaces allow for many other external works to be designed with them such as tree pits, manholes and drain covers.
- Child and wheelchair friendly – resin is perfect as it provides a smooth surface, with a wide range of surface colours to choose from, clear areas can be provided for vehicles and pedestrians.
- As resin is SUDs compliant, it’s an environmentally great choice, if the resin car park is installed correctly it will allow water to pass straight through it to the ground below.
- You will find that resin provides extra load bearing strength, ideal for car parks.
Make sure you choose the right company
There are many companies that will take on the work of installing car parks, but you need to make sure they have the qualifications and experience of working on projects this large, as this work comes its own unique requirements.
The Yorkshire Resin Company
We’ve installed car parks all across the Yorkshire region and over 25 years’ experience in groundworks, our team are fully insured and hold industry approved accreditations.
If you’re looking for a new resin car park installation contact us via our online forms or call us direct on 0113 272 1030.