Resin Driveways – The Number One Surface for Winter Conditions
Let’s face it a Yorkshire winter can bring with it treacherous weather, with freezing conditions and the strong possibility of snow. This does mean some driveway surfaces can be hazardous by becoming slippery and collecting pooled water.
So how does resin combat these conditions?
- Water, such as snow and sleet will sink through a resin driveway as the surface is porous, this will then find its way to the soil below, causing not stagnant water to collect on the surface and become slippery.
- Resin regardless of the weather has anti slip properties and never more so are these properties needed in winter months, providing traction on the foot and friction with the floor.
- Unlike many other driveway surfaces, resin driveways have minimal maintenance requirements, the surface prevents unwanted contaminated growth of moss and weeds if installed correctly by professionals.
- If you look after your resin driveway you should expect your driveway to last above and beyond 25 years is great condition, this as you would expect be undeterred by the harshest of winters.
- In the darkest and bleakest of winter days, a resin driveway can still eject colour and design into your garden, unlike some other driveway choices. Although this isn’t going to make your driveway any safer than any other driveway surfaces, it’s an extra bonus you can expect for a resin driveway.
The Yorkshire Resin Company
We’ve installed resin driveway all across Yorkshire and beyond for many years, having worked in groundworks for over 25 years you can expect to find not only a beautiful driveway installed but one that will last the test of time as we always work with manufactures specifications with quality materials.
If you’re interested in a resin driveway, get in touch with us online and book a free, onsite survey.