What is a Resin Driveway?
Certain fundamental questions have troubled philosophers for centuries. What is the meaning of life? Which came first, the chicken or the egg? What is a resin bound driveway? Okay, the last one is a bit niche, but you get the idea!
We here at The Yorkshire Resin Company are not in a position to answer the first two of these questions, as we are not professional philosophers. We are, however, professional resin bound driveway designers and fitters; so we’re extremely well-placed to answer the third of these questions.
What is a Resin Driveway?
Put simply, a resin bound driveway is a mixture of sand, gravel, crushed stones and synthetic resin. This creates a viscous, gooey and gluey substance that permanently hardens once set.
The Rise of Resin
Resin bound driveways have become increasingly popular over the past twenty years, as the continued growth and expansion of our business stands as a testament to. We have undertaken a variety of projects, including large-scale commercial work, corporate landscaping and working with individual homeowners to create bespoke resin bound driveways to their specific requirements.
The popularity of resin bound driveways is largely the result of advancements that have been made in the production of synthetic resin – the principal component. Primarily, the resin can now be manufactured to create a permeable surface that allows water to drain through it. This means that there are no longer any additional costs for draining installation involved.
Resins to Be Cheerful
With the creation of resin that allows for adequate water drainage, a resin bound driveway effectively allows you to incorporate an aesthetic solution as well as a drainage solution. This makes for a sound economic decision in the long-term.
We work closely with manufacturers of synthetic resin and source the finest and most durable building materials available. We can assist you every step of the way and offer a comprehensive service – from an initial consultation and advice session, right through to advice about aftercare and long-term maintenance.
Benefits of a Resin Bound Driveway
Other key benefits of having a resin bound driveway installed by us include:
- Our team has a varied and high skillset with years of experience. We are proud to have been accepted into The Guild of Master Craftsmen in recognition of our professionalism.
- We can help you to create an aesthetically pleasing, contemporary appearance for your driveway, adding long-term value to your home.
- Our materials are of the highest quality and are extremely durable.
- We provide a full 10-year guarantee with all of our resin bound driveways.
- Very low maintenance – tending to your driveway with a weekly sweep and a monthly hose down will help to keep your driveway in tip-top condition.
- Our resin bound driveways are much safer than concrete driveways.
Please take a look at our testimonials page and feel free to contact us via telephone or e-mail. We will be happy to assist you with any further enquiries that you may have.